Check Out My Baby Blog!

If you didn't know already, I'm pregnant! Bill & I started a baby blog, which is updated a lot more often than this one.

Read all about it at Bill & Cat's Baby Blog!

Friday, January 25, 2008

Fireplace + Bill's Birthday

I haven't posted in a while because things have been strange and sort of busy, yet also slow, at work. Also, it's been busy at home in the evenings, too.

The most notable things that have happened lately: Fireplace Upgrade + Bill's Birthday Party (Wacky Movie Night).

Fireplace

Here's a photo of the fireplace with the new logs AND some chairs Bill and I re-upholstered all by ourselves!

The gas logs were actually our Xmas gift to each other, but it took a while to get them installed. I was happy they were ready in time for Bill's birthday party.



36th Annual Bill Day - Wacky Movie Night

Our featured presentation was The Thing with Two Heads.

I felt a bit sorry for my pooky this year because, due to some unfortunate co-incidences, it seemed like a third of the people invited were either grieving or ill or couldn't get a sitter. Those who couldn't attend were certainly missed, wacky movie night just wasn't the same without them.

That's not to say that it wasn't fun. It was. I was impressed by how much our friends really adore Bill. I shouldn't be surprised, and I'm not, but it was just very gratifying for me to see everyone come out and celebrate Bill's special day. I know he really appreciated it, too. And he deserved it!

Some photos:

Bill with the cupcakes we baked for the occasion (Grammy's Chocolate Cake and Carrot Cake, both with homemade Cream Cheese Frosting).


Delicious Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls made by our friend Melanie P.
The South Main contingent and Bill have a running (tasteless) joke involving a certain aspect of the male anatomy, so the party featured lots of... balls.

I had a nice time. Most importantly, the birthday boy had a really great time. I know he really felt special.

I hope we can do another Wacky Movie Night soon, too!

No comments: