Check Out My Baby Blog!

If you didn't know already, I'm pregnant! Bill & I started a baby blog, which is updated a lot more often than this one.

Read all about it at Bill & Cat's Baby Blog!

Monday, June 25, 2007

Nothing to report

Nothing much going on right now. I found out that the Young Avenue Deli delivers, so I had a Deathrow Pimiento Cheese Sandwich and some fries for lunch. The ladies in the office ordered lunch, too. It was great, but we felt a bit ripped off when we noticed (after the deliveryman left with our generous tips) that we had each been charged a $2 delivery fee.

I mean, that's OK. I want to be sure the person delivering my food is fairly compensated. But this guy was definitely over-compensated. I should have paid closer attention to my receipt, but someone at some point should have mentioned that there was a delivery fee. All I was told was that there was a $10 minimum order, so I ordered extra food just to go over $10 (I'll be having a garden salad from Young Ave along with my dinner this evening, or for lunch tomorrow).

Nonetheless, we all loved the food. There are several things on the menu at Young Avenue Deli that I like a lot. I'm really glad they deliver.

And why did I order lunch out today? I normally bring my lunch or go home for lunch, each day. I had intended to go home for lunch today, so I didn't bring anything to eat. Unfortunately, Bill's car (the one we "fixed" (again!) yesterday) isn't actually fixed after all. He came by and picked up my car so he can get to work and his doctor appointment. So I am stranded at work, with no walking shoes. I can't leave here until he can come get me.

Yuck!

No comments: