Check Out My Baby Blog!

If you didn't know already, I'm pregnant! Bill & I started a baby blog, which is updated a lot more often than this one.

Read all about it at Bill & Cat's Baby Blog!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Nice Weekend

I had a really nice weekend. I got off work early on Friday. When I got home, Bill was already there cleaning the house. Now that's a great way to start the weekend in itself. But wait there's more!

There was a gift wrapped up for me on the dining room table. It was large, rectangular, and kinda HEAVY! I said, "It's heavy." Bill said, "No. It's light!" His response didn't make sense until I opened it up and saw that it was a NEW MAC!!! I was so thrilled. My old PowerBook was so old and slow that just clicking the mouse would make the little rainbow swirlie (Mac equivalent of the hour glass) spin! Let's see I think I got the PowerBook in 2000 or 2001, so it was getting pretty old. The new computer is a white 13" MacBook 2.4 ghz.



Also, some maternity clothes I had ordered arrived (three days earlier than I expected), so I was able to wear a pretty new outfit when I went out that night for hibachi! Oh, and the shrimp was delicious! Also, I didn't puke at all the entire day!

It was a thoroughly perfect Friday.

Saturday was nice, too. We had lots of people over to play poker with Bill. I don't really enjoy gambling, so I just hung out and socialized with people as they were eliminated from the poker tournaments. It was quite a long day, but a lot of fun to see everyone. This time Bill didn't win, but he had a great time.

Sunday was mostly about relaxing. I did go to see Baby Mama, which was very cute and funny. I also tried to do some maternity shopping, but I couldn't find anything I liked. It seems like the only maternity clothes I like either cost about three times more than I feel they should OR are only available online. I'm getting closer to getting a decent maternity wardrobe together, though.

Ah, we also watched a really great DVD last night called Rocket Science. It was a really good movie about a boy with a stutter who joins the debate team (because of a girl, naturally). It's directed by the director of Spellbound (the documentary about spelling bees), Jeffrey Blitz (if I'm remembering the name correctly).


Bill and I both liked the movie a lot. It came to us from Netflix via Bill's queue, but I had been wanting to see the movie since hearing some interviews with the director on NPR and Sirius radio.


Trivia Tidbit: The director is also a stutterer



The soundtrack featured a lot of Violent Femmes songs played on cello, so I ask you, what's not to like?

No comments: